Welcome! Thank you for using ZapSign
Last updated: May 10, 2020
When you use ZapSign, you trust us with your data and information. We are committed to maintaining that trust.
Acceptance of our Policy will be made when you access or use the ZapSign website, app or services. This will indicate that you are aware of and fully agree with how we will use your information and data.
This policy is divided as follows for ease of understanding:
1. What information does ZapSign collect?
2. How does ZapSign use the information it collects?
3. How, when and with whom does ZapSign share your information?
4. What rights do you have over the information we collect?
5. How does ZapSign protect your information?
7. Applicable Law
1. INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect the following information:
1.1. information you provide to us.
- Registration Data. When you register with ZapSign, you provide us with information such as your name, email address and password.
- Authentication Information. To provide you with a secure environment, we may ask you to provide identifying information (e.g., full name, email, phone number and signature) or other authentication information (e.g., via SMS or email).
- Other information provided. When using certain ZapSign features, you may provide us with information about your device, operating system, browser, IP, date and time of use.
1.2 Information generated when you use our services. We collect the following information generated:
- Access Logs. ZapSign automatically collects application access logs, which include the IP address, with date and time, used to access ZapSign. This data is mandatory collection in accordance with Law 12.965/2014, but will only be provided to third parties with your express authorization or by court demand.
- Usage data. We collect information about your interactions on ZapSign, such as your browsing, the pages or other content you access or create, your searches, your participation in surveys or forums, and other actions.
- Location data from your connected device. We collect location data, provided by your connected device, if you consent. Your authorization to share your location may be revoked at any time. However, this may disable some of the platform's features.
- Payment Data. When you make payments on ZapSign, payment data, such as date and time, amount and other transaction details, may be stored and used for fraud prevention purposes. Information regarding your credit card details will not be retained. In this way, we can provide you with a safe and secure environment for your transactions.
- Equipment features. Like most apps, to function ZapSign automatically collects data about your device's features, including its operating system, version, hardware information, language, Internet signal and battery.
- Communications with ZapSign. When you communicate with ZapSign, we collect information about your communications, including metadata such as the date, IP address and time of communications and all of their content, as well as any information you choose to provide.
1.3. information from other sources.
This may include:
- Information from other users. Other ZapSign users may produce information about you if you are added as a user of an organization or as a signer of a document and provide your name, email address and phone number.
2. HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
It goes without saying that we value your privacy very highly. Therefore, all data and information about you is treated confidentially and will only be used by us for the purposes described and authorized by you, primarily to enable you to use ZapSign to the fullest extent possible, always with the goal of improving your user experience.
2.1. Authorized uses
In this way we may use your data to:
- Allow you to access and use all ZapSign features;
- Send you support or service related messages, such as alerts, notifications and updates;
- Communicate with you about products, services, promotions, news, updates, events and other matters in which you may be interested;
- Analyze user traffic through our applications;
- Customize the service to better suit your tastes and interests;
- Create services, products and functionalities;
- Detect and prevent fraud, spam and security incidents;
- Verify or authenticate information provided by you, including by comparing it with data collected from other sources;
- To better understand user behavior and create behavioral profiles;
- For any purpose to which you consent at the time of data collection;
- To comply with legal obligations.
2.2 Deletion of data
All data collected will be deleted from our servers upon request, through free and simple procedures, or when it is no longer needed or relevant to provide our services to you, unless there is some other reason for its maintenance, such as a legal obligation to retain the data or the need to preserve it to protect ZapSign's rights.
If you ask us to delete your data, we will do so promptly to the best of our ability.
2.4 Exclusion of Users
3. EXCHANGE OF INFORMATION
All data, information and content about you may be considered active in the event of negotiations to which ZapSign is a party. Therefore, we reserve the right, for example, to include your data among the assets of the company in case of sale, acquisition or merger with another company. By this policy you accept and are aware of this possibility.
ZapSign reserves the right to provide your data and information, including interactions with you, if legally required, if necessary for the company to comply with national laws, or if you expressly consent.
4. DATA SUBJECTS' RIGHTS
You can always choose not to communicate your data to us, but please note that some of it may be necessary to use the functionalities of our applications. Regardless of this, you will always have preserved your rights related to privacy and the protection of your personal data.
Accordingly, we summarize below all of your rights under Brazil's sectoral data protection laws and the General Data Protection Law ("GDPR").
4.1 Right of access. This right allows You to request and receive a copy of the personal data that We hold about You.
4.2 Right of rectification. This right allows you, at any time, to request the correction and/or rectification of your personal data if you identify that any of it is incorrect. However, for this rectification to be effective, we will need to check the validity of the data you provide to us. You may directly rectify some of your personal data by sending an email to email@example.com
4.3 Opt-out right. This right allows you to request that we delete the personal data we hold about you. All data collected will be deleted from our servers at your request or when it is no longer needed or relevant to provide our services to you, unless there is some other reason for its retention, such as a legal obligation to retain the data or the need to preserve it to protect ZapSign's rights. To modify your personal information or remove it from our database, simply send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
4.4 Right to object to processing. You also have the right to object where and in what context we are processing your personal data for different purposes. In certain situations, we can demonstrate that we have legitimate grounds for processing your data that override your rights if, for example, it is essential for the provision of our applications.
4.5 Right to request anonymization, blocking or deletion. This right allows you to ask us to stop processing your personal data in the following cases: (a) if you want us to establish the accuracy of the data; (b) where you need the data to be retained even though we no longer need it, because it is necessary for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims; or (c) if you object to the use of your data, but in this case we have to check whether we have legitimate grounds to use it.
4.6 Right to portability. We will provide you, or third parties you choose, with your personal data in a structured, interoperable format.
4.8. Right to Review Automated Decisions. You also have the right to request a review of decisions made solely on the basis of automated processing of your personal data that affect your interests, including decisions aimed at personal, professional, consumer and credit profiling and/or aspects of your personality.
We may need to ask you for specific information to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or exercise your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to anyone who is not entitled to receive it. We may also contact you to request further information in relation to your request in order to expedite our response. We attempt to respond to all legitimate requests within 5 business days. Occasionally, it may take longer than 5 days if your request is particularly complex or if you have made multiple requests. In this case, we will communicate with you and keep you informed of the progress of your request.
If you have any questions about these issues and how you can exercise these rights, please do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com
5. INFORMATION SECURITY
All your data is confidential and will only be accessed by those with appropriate permissions. Any use of this data will be in accordance with this policy. ZapSign will use commercially reasonable efforts to ensure the security of our systems and your data. Our servers are located in different locations to ensure stability and security, and can only be accessed through pre-authorized communication channels.
All your information will be, whenever possible, encrypted, in case it does not make your use of the platform unfeasible. You may request a copy of your data stored in our systems at any time. We will retain data and information only to the extent necessary or relevant for the purposes described in this Policy, or in case of periods previously determined by law, or to the extent necessary for the maintenance of ZapSign's legitimate interests.
ZapSign considers your privacy to be extremely important and will make every effort to protect it. However, we cannot guarantee that all data and information about you on our platform will be free from unauthorized access, particularly if the credentials required to access our application are improperly shared. Therefore, you are solely responsible for keeping your access password in a safe place and are prohibited from sharing it with third parties. You agree to immediately notify ZapSign by secure means of any unauthorized use of your account, as well as unauthorized access by third parties.
7. APPLICABLE LAW
This document is governed by and shall be construed in accordance with the laws of the Federative Republic of Brazil. The District Court of São Paulo is chosen as the competent jurisdiction to settle any issues that may arise from this document, expressly waiving any other, no matter how privileged it may be.